View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 06:34 AM   #483
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation
Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
The leather holder for the day will work ok. I wouldn't leave anything in there longer than a 12 hour period unless it has a good seal. The cigarcaddy/otterbox can be used for everyday use. I have a 5 count box that I take with me to local B&M's. It isn't the most asthetically pleasing box but the seal is great and it keeps your cigars humidified.

In any case you just want to make sure you don't subject the cigars to extreme heat or cold..
I disagree, Christos.
While the otterbox is certainly a good idea, cigars are shipped from around the world without being in a controlled environment. Also, I've been to a number of large herfs where cigars for raffle and auction are staged outside of regular humidification for an an entire weekend.

Is this the most desirable way? Of course not. But having cigars outside of 65% for a few days is not a catastrophe.

EDIT: Leaving cigars in a leather case for a few days to a week is not a whole lot different than dryboxing.

Last edited by pnoon; 01-12-2010 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Added comment about dryboxing
pnoon is offline   Reply With Quote