View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 09:05 PM   #3032
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
If you are willing to share, Brent, please post a recipe or two of your homemade sausage. I have just begun getting into home sausage making and I would love to hear from a veteran.
I really don't have a recipe... that being said what I do is really simple and if tonight is any indication it doesn't suck. (I had a bunch over for a herf tonight and the ate about 5 pounds of sausage like it was candy).

I use pork butts or whole shoulders, natural casings, and Leggs Hot seasoning. Leggs is available at any mom and pop butcher around here, but it is also available online. I use is a little heavier than the recipes calls for because I like my sausage a little spicier.

Once you stuff it, let it sit out a little to sweat. Then smoke it on about 150 heat until it is about 145 internal. Then I seal a meal it and use it whenever I need to. All you have to do is heat is up.

As I said tonight... I hate making sausage, but I sure do like eating it