View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #2250
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Photography Thread

Nah Shark, if I can take it, you can take it. We just need to get better at using our cameras and
take the LCD out of the equation. But one bit of temptation I WILL throw at you is the fact that I kind
of took it for granted that my 50mm f/1.8 lens was good, and didn't need 'testing' as I like to call my evening walks.
I took it out last night, and where I used to only use my cheapie, used, bargain lenses in testing, to see which
ones I would give to my sister for free, lol, last night I wanted to have a lil bhokeh revolution. I took out
the D70 and my 50mm 1.8 and ramped the shutter speed up so high that even with all the remaining daylight,
the lens was stopped WAY down, not to it's max wide open aperture of 1.8, but around 2.8, and shot a bunch
of stuff. For what is basically a $100 lens, you talk about nice photos. you can get em new for $115, used for
around $90. In ALL of the fast prime lenses out there, only one stands out as being a real bargain to me. It took
my D70, and will take mine and your D100 into a much nicer territory. You oughta look into one, Shark, before
you waste your money on an upgrade YET. Let those Nikon D800s and D7100s filter down a bit to all those
folks that just HAVE TO HAVE those new cameras, and around Christmas, get yourself a nice D7000.

These whipper-Snappers like Justin need those fancy doo-dads to shoot pichers, us ole folks can squeeze
art out of ten year old gear, lol. Kidding, Justin, you know I am.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clover.jpg (54.0 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg pear.jpg (49.2 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg iris.jpg (52.8 KB, 185 views)
File Type: jpg dogwood.jpg (37.8 KB, 215 views)
File Type: jpg noparking.jpg (59.6 KB, 198 views)
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote