View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 01:19 PM   #1
Mister Moo
I barely grok the obvious

First Name: Dan
Trading: (3)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
Mister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the rough
Default Muddle Mania 2014 - The Mojito is On!

Wake up people! Martooni season is past and it is Moojito season once again! I have seen the first fireflies of the year and the mint is showing up in the backyard. Game on.

A practically perfect martini (which is a gin drink, by the way) or a drop-dead delicious mojito are not particularly easy to mix. It's like sliding down a razorblade to get it right. I go with Bacardi or 10 Cane. I figure if I make the drink right I can't taste the rum much anyhow. The ice grinder is working and rum is on the counter. I feel a lime run coming up Thursday or Friday after work and Muddle Mania 2014 will begin at the old Moo place before June begins.

I go with a tall glass and muddle (not murder) a couple of large sprigs of fresh mint at the bottom; ice to the top including a few large and slightly damaged but unshredded and cosmetically appealing mint leaves. Add one and a half to two shots of clear rum pre-mixed with simple syrup and just the right amount of lime juice to keep the drink (almost) clear and minty-clean tasting. Top with a splash of soda water and a perfect mint sprig. Best served on a fat day with a warm cigar. Whatever. The Moojito.