Thread: Getting Fired
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 05:34 AM   #26
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Getting Fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
We're looking for designers and if I see one more person that says there were a "Senior" this or "Lead" that, that has no idea what they are talking about I will scream. Today we had a girl that graduated a year ago and the only exp she has is some non profit intern work, oh but she was the "Senior Designer". Overwhelmingly under qualified people wasting my time just ticks me off, granted it's the people doing the pre-screening that suck at their jobs, we've already had to speak to them 2 times about the quality of candidates they are sending us.
So funny, we get that at our work too. New hire is "senior principal threat researcher" or "senior engineer" and they've don't even know our product yet (we are in DLP - Cyber Security). You look in our GAL, it's mostly chief's with little indians... I have not added or changed my basic title since I started there almost 5 years ago... Some are big on titles, but it's the actual job done and your experience that determines whether you are "senior" or not. Not your title.