View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 08:47 AM   #5
Mister Moo
I barely grok the obvious

First Name: Dan
Trading: (3)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
Mister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: GL Pease Embarcadero

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
...I like the undertone, but something about the blend as a whole was a real bite..
The blender often writes descriptions that taste better than actual tobacco. I want GLP blends to taste as good as they sound but it's one thing to write like F. Scott Fitzgerald and another thing to enjoy smoking one of his book jackets.

"Red Virginia tobaccos are deftly combined with just the right amount of choice Izmir leaf, then pressed and aged in cakes before being sliced into flakes. The result is a richly flavored and harmonious natural tobacco blend, as comfortable as an old pair of jeans, but with a delightful complexity to engage those who choose to explore its depths. The orientals provide an elusive spice, while the Virginias deliver substance and body. A unique and thoroughly satisfying blend."

I give GLP credit for original blends but too often forcing "unique" doesn't guarantee "thoroughly satisfying blend[s]."