View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
GhostRyder
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Sam
Trading: (2)
GhostRyder is on a distinguished road
Default Sancho Panza Double Maduro... great first box

So my first box purchase was the Sancho Panza Double Maduro in the La Mancha size. I like RGs just under 50 so these Petit Coronas fit the bill. I purchased them for a friend's commissioning party (he commissioned last week as a 2Lt in the U.S. Army, going Armor). Anyway, I brought the leftovers home with me for the summer. I had one this evening while sitting out in front of the house sipping on a Sierra Nevada Summerfest (also not a bad brew if you're into the light, fruity summer style--which I'm usually not). The point of the thread is that the SP Double Maduro is a hell of a value. This tasted like a $5 stick at least, maybe even more. I was very pleasantly surprised and I'll be coming back to this again and again before I head away to OCS in a month. I bet I'll kill the rest of this box before then, quite the feat when you consider I usually only smoke 1 per week tops.

So, just wanted to give a to the SP Double Maduro. Best value smoke I've come across yet.

On a side note though, anyone else have construction issues with these? Mine were smoked right out of the humi which was in the upper 60s (right around 67%). I've had 2 (of 3) of these SPDMs start unravelling at the head after cutting. They were delicious, but it got annoying when I took the band off and the cigar practically exploded on me. I'm not gentle on cigars, but I didn't drop it or anything like that. Similar experiences? I'd like to point out though that the Construction didn't take much away from the smoke at all... still well worth it.
GhostRyder is offline   Reply With Quote