View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #67
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation
Default Re: What Flavor Profile Do You Prefer in a Pop Tart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 688sonarmen View Post
Do you guys keep the wrapper on the box or store them individually stacked facing north south headings in the pantry so not to increase their magnetic signature?
Now I am way confused. When you say stacked, I am assuming you mean that the box is resting on the box's "bottom" and not, for example, on the "back" which is also stacking. Stacking on the side seems to me not to be recommended as it could place unnecessary pressure on the edges of the precious pastry - has anyone tried this who is willing to give feedback?

I'm confused also about the north/south thingy. What actually is facing north? Also, we know that the true magnetic north isn't the same as map north, so do we need a good compass to make this work or will my iPhone compass (4S in case it matters, most recent IOS) do just fine. What if I get interference from the refrigerator, which is located next to the pantry. Do I just build another pantry?

Also, I read some place that magnetic flux lines are not in a straight line but curved. I assume that this just one more bias against the flat earth society (see the Discworld series for more details) and so am prone to think that magnetic lines are just that - lines. We all know that lines are straight and they would not call them lines if the weren't straight. They'd call them "magnetic arcs" or something. Science doesn't make mistakes like this - I know.

So all this is the long way of asking of the pop tarts generate their own magnetic flux (perhaps like a vortex?) and if you alternate the different boxes north/south then south/north, will it cancel the effect and not pooch my watch battery? Do different fillings have different magnetic effects?

No one has talked about toaster lumens yet. I hope we get there soon.