View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 03:56 PM   #18
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: Clemens Dodges A Rocket!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
Let it be known that I'd settle for MLB to Pete Rose him....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gophernut View Post
I'd rather see Rose in the HOF then Clemens.

Do I think Clemens is guilty, not only of using PEDs but of lying to Congress? Yes. Do I think either of these allegations has yet been proven? No.

Do I think Pete Rose did something that Roger Clemens never did . . . violate a written rule of MLB, and in his case one which has become the one inviolate cardinal rule since the Black Sox scandel over a century ago? Yes. Do I think Rose lied about that in his repeated denials against all evidence to the contrary? Yes.

I am no Clemens fan, and if he's denied the Hall Of Fame due to these allegations, be they ever proven or not, then so be it. But I shall never . . . NEVER! . . . understand why Pete Rose supporters are so willing to overlook both his "crime" and his overweening, all-encompassing @$$holeness. Ty Cobb was a bigger jerk than Pete Rose, but not by much.

That's my , and worth every penny.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote