View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 11:41 PM   #643
Carlos.Talavera
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Carlos
Trading: (0)
Cohiba Navy (Active)
Carlos.Talavera is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

Hello again guys,

ok well lets start with the humidor i bought it from jrcigars.com it is from the quality importers company, the manual that came with it says it is made from spanish cedar that is kiln dried.

ok about the seasoning part the instructions told me NOT to wipe the inside with distilled water it told me to put a shot glass with distilled water in the humidor and let it sit there with the hygrometer in it. at the end of 2 to 3 days it was supposed to be seasoned and reading 75% humidity (this never happened) so i thought maybe the hygrometer might have been faulty so i purchased a digital one followed all the calibration instructions for that but i couldn't get that to read above 60% humidity. in the mean time the cigars i had already ordered had already arrived and had been sitting around so i wanted to get them in there so i ordered two drymistat sticks that were supposed to get the humidor to 70% all the time but that isn't working either so i have those in there and the two plastic pucks with the foam inside that it came with i have those filled with the pre mixed solution. oh and the humidor is a 100 count humidor. so with all that being said i don't know what else to do and the little bit of cigars that i do have are just getting dryer so what do i do guys.
Carlos.Talavera is offline   Reply With Quote