8zeros
What's this button do?

First Name: Roger
Trading: (0)
8zeros will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Question for network gurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weelok View Post
Well, I think we are all in agreement that your screwed hah. Since the only IP is virtual and routing is occurring at the VPN server, there is no way for you to forward port traffic to a separate device behind your router. The only way I see for you to make this work is a separate tunnel for each device and your not going to be able to do that with a basic home router.

I recommend you put a MAC by your TV and create a software VPN from the MAC to your streaming service which allows the rest of your network to not be a VPN.

My two cents.
This is kind of what I was suggesting with the two router solution.
The first router on the modem running dyndns with the cameras port forwarded through it. This would be accessible from outside. This router would be running DHCP.
Another router would hook its WAN port to the first router. It would get DHCPed to the internet. Now run VPN on the second router. Use this router for everything you want tunneled. Since the dyndns was opened with the first router it will be OK for everything forwarded to and from there. Since the second router is VPNed point to point, only those points get altered, not the points in between, like the first router.
I haven't tried this but it seems like it should work the same as a tunnel opened up by a device on the network, except the device is a router.