Old 02-08-2010, 09:09 AM   #6
germantown rob
Still not Adjusted

First Name: Rob
Trading: (1)
Partagas
germantown rob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Behmor on the way

You will be fine. 10-12oz batch sizes work the best and yes use the 1# setting. Read up on the changes to Behmor profiling at CG, good stuff in there.

Getting the most from a roast takes more control then the Behmor will give but I am trying to learn most people don't need this or will ever taste this. Look at how few will actually buy from artisan roasters, most just can't justify the cost, same with buying a home roaster. My Hottop is capable of giving end results that will be very close to the commercial roaster I will buy and it has taken me 3 years to get to this point with a lot of hard work, tons of batches, and tons of reading.

You should know this by now but don't walk away from the Behmor, at least not far or for a moment or two. Lots of small chaff fires but I had a couple of bean fires and so have many others. SAFTY FIRST. This is a big disadvantage for the quest M3, have a house fire because of that roaster and no insurance company is going to pay out since it has not been UL approved. The Hottop is full of annoying safety features but I am thankful for them at times.
germantown rob is offline   Reply With Quote