View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 03:49 PM   #55
Hondo

Default Re: Cast Iron Anyone?

I love fooling with cast iron cookware. I have a lot of skillets from a small six inch up to a fourteen inch which I sit on my turkey fryer burner to use.

I have several Lodge skillets, but truthfully as much as I like Lodge these newer skillets can't hold a candle to the old stuff. Take a close look at the cooking surface of a new Lodge and you will find that it's pretty rough. My best performing skillets are old with completely smooth bottoms in them. I like them all though!

I have several dutch ovens too that I cook with on occasion. Something that all of my friends keep insisting I make is dutch oven pizza. It's pretty good but there are a lot of better things to make in a DO in my opinion.

I also have a waffle maker that I just picked up last spring... this thing is great and makes the most perfect waffles that I have ever seen. Never sticks... it just works great on my little camp stove. This one has the high rise that the maker sits in. It's probably five inches or more above the burner to the actual waffle iron. Oh yea, I dated that waffle iron and found that it was made between 1910 and 1922.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Waffle maker.jpg (64.5 KB, 593 views)