hikari
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (0)
Partagas
hikari is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Upgrades: WineCooler/Humidor

The Battle is good in this one.

Ok, I'm still trying to equalize everything in the new wineador before the new shelves come, and I start this over.

I think things dried out a bit before being my old wineador broke down, and I don't know for how long. It could have been a month or two. I didn't pay attention due to the Pandemic upon us.

With that said I live in Socal / Los Angeles / Burbank
The wineador is sitting at 61F, which is the highest it can go. I didn't release that when I purchased it. I may have considered something else in the price range.

My Humidity keeps dropping to 45-53% ish. I keep adding some more distilled water to sponges I have throughout the humidor.

I have left my old beads in there (I do plan on pulling these) in addition to the new ones (which I doubled the needed amount) in hopes of equalizing everything faster, but I'm still adding water every night.

Not sure if it's the old cedar trays or the cigars absorbing, but it's been almost a week now.

I have new trays coming at the end of the month saying the 30th. I plan on grabbing a 20 pack for Boveda humidity packs and throwing them in their after wetting down the trays with distilled water.

Should I buy 65 or jump to 84% packs to kick start things.

So really was not trying to make a big deal of the ones that are in their now. But getting down to 45 humidity in their get's me worreid about the cigars.

I also still have the Johnson A419, I could hook that up in line and set it to a higher temp like 65 but wanted to try things without it for a while.

What do you guys think? Suggestions, comments, tips are all welcome.
hikari is offline   Reply With Quote