View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 03:28 PM   #9
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A few Elk pics from this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scothew View Post
One of the most beautiful creatures in ths country, its my top dream hunt. I didnt know PA had elk however!
2nd biggest herd in the US. The third biggest is in Sproul State Forest, also in PA. The elk here are much bigger than Western Elk because they are all corn-fed farmhogs. They don't have to eat sagebrush and twigs.
I did a survey on Winslow Hill a few years ago and got to live with the elk for a few months.
To see them in the deep woods in their real habitat, and to see just how huge and powerful they are crashing through the trees, is really something to behold.
They plow out tunnels in the pines that you can easily drive an SUV through and never touch a branch.
I made good use of the tunnels while we were setting line. It saved a lot of machete swinging.