View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 02:55 PM   #31
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of
Default Re: "Bob's and Huy's Blind testing"

Pre-light

This 3rd cigar is covered by a maduro wrapper with little oils and one very noticeable vein. The smell of this cigar is very pleasant, something a little sweet. Okay, let's take a bite off the cap. Taking a dry draw, it seems as if this cigar is not very giving, but I can taste the sweet hay like flavor. Okay time to light this thing up.

First/Third

Wow wow wow. The first couple puffs on this cigar just blown me away. The flavors are so rich. The initial puff on this cigar, I was able to pick up on a hint of coffee beans with some light peppers that lingers the back of my throat. The finish is very long and is making me take a drink of my water. After about 5 minutes of settling in on this cigar, the flavors have mellowed out to a sweet coffee bean taste with some peppers to it. The flavors on this cigar is very smooth.

Second/Third

I am able to pick up on the sweet maduro with hints of nuts. I mentioned in the pre-light that this cigar was going to be tough to draw on, it's a little tough so I used my draw tool to poke down its pipe hole! This smoke is burning a little uneven, a little touch up as well. The ash on this stick is solid firm. Such a high maintenance cigar! Okay back to the flavor profile. I also pick up a smoky component, leaving the back of my throat felling like a charcoal grill. I have an idea of what this cigar is but I don't want to ruin it for myself, let's smoke some more!

Last

The cigar is burning a little more even now and the draw seems to have opened a little more. A soft pepper flavor is also something that I am to pick up, this flavor is balancing out very well with the rest of the smoke. Think roasted nuts with a light pepper, I would say that those are the two prominent flavors through out the last 3rd.

Conclusion

Overall I enjoyed this cigar very much, although at times, the stick went wavy on me. I'm not sure if this would be a cigar I would grab out of the humi every day, but it's something I wouldn't mind once in a while. Overall, I would say that this is a medium smoke. I want to say this is something Nicaraguan, maybe a 601? Although it did not have that Pepin spice blast, I still think it's the 601. Bob did say that it has some age on it... I'm sticking to it. 601.