View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 05:09 PM   #7
Neuromancer
Will work for Boli GM's

First Name: Marc
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Neuromancer will become famous soon enoughNeuromancer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I had my FIRST bowl!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb913 View Post
Well, I had my first bowl of well.. I don't exactly know what. It was in a plastic baggy marked: personal blend from a friend of mine. I enjoyed smoking the pipe, and I found to like it more than cigars!

I have an old pipe that my dad gave to me (the one I bought off of ebay is currenly MIA, I didn't even get a chance to smoke it!). I have a few quick questions..

1) What is a reputable pipe tobacco dealer? My local BM doesn't have it, let alone good cigars.

2) Cleaning/Storage tips/tricks/instructions

3) How do I store pipe tobacco? Humidor?

4) Can you smoke crushed cigar tobacco in a pipe (Stupid question, but I got a few cigars I like still, but don't want to smoke a cigar anymore)?

5) My bowl got pretty warm.. Is this normal? Not unbearably hot, but definitely warm..

Thanks guys! Piping is where its at!

Currently using: Yello Bole Standard
1. Heres about the best six etailers on the Internet:

www.pipesandcigars.com
www.smokingpipes.com
www.cupojoes.com
www.marscigars.com
www.iwanries.com
www.4noggins.com

2. Take a look at all the pipe threads...they'll answer a lot of these questions if not all

3. Do not store pipe tobacco in a cigar humidor or you'll be saying adios to the humi...keep the stuff in the tins you buy it in and get these little discs that take distilled water or PG solution and dtop them in the tins and/or pouches...

4. Not really...I mean you can try, but i don't think you'll enjoy the results...there are tobaccos, however, that have cigar leaf in them amongst other pipe tobaccos...

5. Warm yes, hot no...if it gets hot slow down your puffing or let it go out and rest for a few minutes to cool down...I'm a cigar smoker too, and tend to puff pretty furiously on my pipes so I have to slow myself down...