View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 02:05 PM   #4
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Re: Making coffee while camping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post
I don't have anything currently, I'm weighing options before I buy anything so I can try to not have to buy something else after realizing I was wrong. My first thought is to buy a camp stove and use a small french press, but I don't know if theres some fancy mobile maker that I don't know about
MSR Whisperlite. Hard to beat. http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=C...049543&cad=rja
I still lean towards liquid fuel stoves, because they produce higher BTUs, and work in cold as well as heat. And I like the remote location of the fuel tank of the above model. Neven liked the stoves that sit on top of disposable fuel cylinders, they tend to be top heavy.

As to coffee, if it's just me and one other, I take the easy way out, and buy the Maxwell House pre-made 4-serving pods(?). That's if I don't have any of the hotel packs saved up. May not be the same as the good ground-fresh coffee as home, but it's light, compact and still tastes something like coffee.