Feeling at Home

First Name: Adrian
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
aich75013 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Converting house to LED light bulbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDVC View Post
I have taken a look at this over the past few years and have been watching the market and evolution of the bulbs for a while.

You can cut lighting consumption by 90% by going to all LED bulbs. However, they are just now starting to introduce better, warmer lighting 'color" and it is not perfect...yet. I think that over the next 2 years you should see a drastic drop in price for the bulbs, a better color rendition from them and a more robust "spreading of the light output from the bulb. Once this happens, I will jump in.

I am going to purchase several sets of commercial Christmas lights next season. I am not impressed by the Home Depot specials, but places like Planet Christmas have some links to some really good companies selling some nice stuff. Putting those lights up for the holidays will save some decent dollars for me, again about 90% of my normal "seasonal" increase.

Anyway, that's my limited knowledge dump.
Scott, if you want to buy some good LED Christmas lights, check out http://illumimax.com. He's a friend of mine here in TX. Good guy. He does a large Group Buy of lights every year around February. They won't get delivered until July/August. He buys direct from China and has certain specs that have to be met (we use them for animated lighting, so they have to be able to turn on/off hundreds of times for our displays. His prices will fluctuate yearly due to copper prices at the current time, but once he sets the price, it won't change. I've bought from him for years and have only had one issue and he made it right (someone took part of my order, so he replaced everything at no cost to me.) Yuo can become a member at http://www.lone-star-holidays.com/ to check when the group buy is or send him an e-mail from his website and he'll add you to his list. You can tell him Adrian from Allen, TX referred you.
aich75013 is offline   Reply With Quote