thebiglebowski
Jack White's Roadie...

First Name: larry
Trading: (0)
Partagas
thebiglebowski is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Your favorite concerts?

this is tough... not sure i can narrow it down to 5. in no particular order:

- i was at the '79 UFO/Judas Priest concert in Chicago with Icehog. well, not with him, but you get what i mean. my first concert. awesome.

- Scorpions/Iron Maiden/Girls School. not sure of year, but it was (i think) Scorps Blackout tour. 2nd row, Chicago.

- Comiskey Park 'Monsters of Rock'? was that what it was called? around '79 or '80 - the Tubes/Southside Johnny/Fastway/Foghat/Rush. Cripes - that concert lasted all day...

- Springsteen, the River tour ('82?)/Springsteen, Born in the USA tour ('85), TIE - the BEGINNING of the Born in the USA tour, before the whole damn thing got outta hand. both in Chicago. no one rocked harder or longer than the Boss, back then.

- Smithereens, Top of the Pops tour, Chicago. 3rd row. Pat Dinizio stood on my chair and played guitar, Jim Babjak drank my beer. that bastard.

- Pete Townshend, Chicago, Arie Crown theater, '94? the Arie Crown sucks, we had crap seats, my wife absolutely loves Pete. bribed an usher to let us sit just on the right of the stage, literally. hard to describe where we were, but Pete looked at us funny a couple of times like 'wtf are you doing there?'. good news - we were about 20 feet from Pete, bad news - we were right next to the speakers. i was seriously worried about permanent hearing loss. Pete played ALMOST as long as Springsteen did...

- Los Lobos at the Fillmore in San Francisco, 2004. it was their 30th anniversary tour, my wife and flew out specifically to see them at that historic venue. it was awesome. they recorded a dvd of the show and you can see us on it. lol...

- just about anything i've seen at the Ryman auditoreum in Nashville - Elvis Costello (second row), Tom Waits (third row), Lyle Lovett (first row, dead center).

wow. ok, more than 5... great thread, btw!

Last edited by thebiglebowski; 01-10-2009 at 08:31 AM. Reason: forgot REM! back when they were good - life's rich pagent tour...
thebiglebowski is offline   Reply With Quote