Old 01-24-2018, 09:07 AM   #4378
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation
Default Re: Pumping Iron with Adriftpanda and Icehog3 II

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
It depends. I’ve gotten it done a few times. First time, I was competing and hurt my wrist and forearm. Went to the Dr. and he told me not to do Accupuncture because the injury most likely took place due to high stress environment rather than dysfunction. He was probably right. I was drinking lots of caffeine and I was stressed out. Didn’t take his advice, did the Accupuncture, and it actually made my arm worse. I almost puked during the treatment, had the guy stop in the middle and swore it off.

Next couple times I did it was for my lower back and legs. Only tried it again because my friend had some good results. I was much more relaxed going in and felt really good after with better range of motion.

Why were my experiences different? The way it was explained to me is that since Accupuncture is actual trauma to your body (needle piercing your skin and foreign object to your body) that could affect your response. I do think it is effective but you need to almost prepare for the treatment. Also i think it depends on who is doing it.

Pops I would see if some ART or soft tissue work will help first. Then look to add in Accupuncture.
Did you have ask you to do a lot of stuff before you went in for the acupuncture treatment? I just booked for Sunday and I need to collect my morning urine for some reason , no coffee (f-that) and vitamins the day of and before, no hot shower the morning of and don't brush my teeth (f-that too), among other things.

Do you think all that is hokey or will it actually better the treatment if followed?

I need to work Sunday morning so if I don't have my coffee and brush my teeth I'm going to be pretty grumpy. And big grumpy Greg at the shooting range is not a good thing