View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 12:36 PM   #10
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What do you collect?

I have found as life has gone on that collecting 5hit is bad for you. It tends to take up valuable money that you
will need to live on when you are old. Also it's a pain in the a55 to move it all. SO if you are a rolling stone like me,
you tend to clamp down on collecting. HOWEVER, there was a time when I was a kid that I would go to Mardi Gras
parades with friends or family and thus facilitated my dad in putting together a VERY nice doubloon collection. When
he died long ago, I got it all back. Wish I had the man, instead, but the doubloons represent a cherished piece
of our bond and also a ton of scrapping as anyone with a history of Mardi Gras attendance will attest to.
Most prized are the long streak of Bacchus King doubloons which are only thrown by the king's float, and are no easy
prize to bring home. If the float passed by and he was throwing to the other side of the crowd, or drinking, or waving
or falling off his chair, you got nothing. I had been known to chase that float for 4-5 blocks which is a little creepy
and dangerous in the dark night at M.G.

I have a few beer steins that he collected and a few that I added to his wealth as I grew up and travelled.

I also have a large collection of Star Wars action figures that went on sale at a salvage store near me when I was
in Mississippi. Bayratt knows what I am talkin about, haha. (Hudson's) I managed to get em for about 20 cents on
the dollar. Other than that, I am not much of a collector, except of HABANOS, yeup.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote