View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 11:22 AM   #6
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Re: What do you collect?

Compulsive behavior that causes cigar collection has many predecessors! Geological specimens, including several 4 foot or longer petrified tree trunks (ironically, the bigger pieces were all dug out of the ground at my hunting club by myself and/or my son) and hundreds of petrified sharks' teeth (mostly from Boy Scout outings to a private site in south-central Alabama (close to that dreaded Auburn area!)

Knives (but I haven't added anything in several years). Stamps (been collecting since I was a child). Coins (though I've sold a substantial amount of the collection in the last year to stay ahead of bills). Any type of old hand tools that I find at reasonable prices. LPs (just added over 200 albums of 1960's artists). I don't know if I would call it a collection, but I have more than a couple of guns (I've never sold a single gun I've ever purchased - though I lost a dozen or so in a home burglary 15 years ago - All replaced with insurance).

Oh yeah....... My wife says I collect junk. I dispute that statement every time something breaks, and I'm able to rummage thru my jun.... er.... "collection" and come up with something that will fix the broken item!