Old 01-09-2009, 04:10 PM   #17
Sauer Grapes
Snatchin' yo people up

Trading: (44)
Cohiba
Sauer Grapes has disabled reputation
Default Re: P90X Workout

As far as my experience doing it...

I didn't finish the first time for a few reasons (stupid excuses). I got pretty sick during at the end of phase two, was out of town for a couple weeks, then Christmas season, then out of town for Christmas and now I have a knee problem I need to heal.

I also made the mistake of not following the diet plan. The diet plan really IS key. Especially if you want to burn fat, but also you need the diet plan for the extra energy it'll give you.

It will make you sore, almost regardless of the shape you are in. When it switches phases, you will get just as sore as you did the first day again. You will get noticeably stronger for the relatively short time frame. The size will come more slowly, but the strength you will notice by the end of phase one, and then it really packs it on in phase two. Obviously I can't comment on phase three or the finish, but I have no doubts it would have been awesome.

Do the yoga, it actually helps and I could tell a difference from the couple weeks I skipped it. I skipped the first yoga of phase two because my arms were just too sore from the biceps and back workout.

Do the stretching most of the weeks. Yes, it sucks that you have an hour video on your day off, but the stretching does help.

Get plenty of sleep. I failed in this regard.

I wouldn't recommend doing much else physically exerting during the program (except married people stuff). I played in my weekly basketball game we have. I made my rest day fall on it but really I should have been resting. I'll probably make that mistake again a few times when I do it again, but I will skip basketball more than not next time.

Kenpo is fun, but kind of stupid feeling as well. I took tae kwon do when I was younger and the kenpo just seemed childish after that. It's as good of an aerobic workout as you make it, but it gets old after a few times. I think I'll make basketball fall on kenpo day next time so I can replace it if I want and still have a rest day.

Lastly, Plyometrics will destroy you. You'll hate it every time you do it, but you'll also like it because it is the best aerobic workout in the program and you'll be just exhausted afterwards.

I definitely recommend the program, but with the warning that it is a BIG commitment.
Sauer Grapes is offline   Reply With Quote