View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 03:05 PM   #29
SilverFox

Default Re: Legend's rating system

One of the things that I have always considered when reading reviews of cigars is the relevance to the reader. I read many reviews on cigarsreview.org and prior to that on CS.

What I have found in reading many reviews, buy many I mean hundreds. I learn which reviewers based on what they write would be typical to my smoking profile.

It then makes the selection of that stick easier, I would no sooner take the review by Bobby (s15driftking) who has a penchant for Ghurkas than I would Al's (AHC4353) who is very partial to more mild floral cigars, when choosing something to try. That is not to say I would discount them outright but they would have much less weight in my assessment of their review when looking for myself.

A review is a subjective look at something based solely on one persons opinion, particularly those posted in magazines.

This fact was taken into consideration when I decided to do the cheap smoke review, I hope to post the profiles of the smokers along with there smoking habits and preferences so that the reviews will hopefully have a link point to someone to consider whether they would try it or not.

I personally love Da Klugs reviews of many sticks, but at this point in my smoking life he is out of my league. I take that into consideration when I read his reviews, that doesn't make him right or wrong, his reference point is different than mine. (ok maybe he is right )

A compilation of reviews will also only give you the average and if you are not average then you will find that process flawed.

In the end if you are looking for a perfect review system to meet your smoking requirements it is pretty simple. Fire it up and see how it goes.

Last edited by SilverFox; 02-16-2009 at 03:13 PM.