View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 01:59 PM   #3
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Blind Review Cigar #1

Dafu's review:

1) Aesthetics:
Nice silky smooth, medium brown wrapped toro sized cigar. Looks fine except the cap is off kilter a bit.
Score for aesthetics: 4

2) Pre-light Construction: A bit underfilled mostly but seems to be rolled OK.
Score for pre-light construction: 3.5

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked: Lit up and smoked easily. Little touch-ups needed, produced a nice salt and pepper ash. Smoked a touch hot if not going slow and easy.
Score for post-light construction: 3.5

4a) Flavor and strength – 1st 1/3: Started out with earthy barnyard aromas permeated by a woody floral note. At about an inch a creaminess emerged and evolved with some sweet biscuit flavors. I'm thinking Cuban tobacco in here with a Honduran wrap maybe. Not bad for a light/medium profile stick. At about halfway a dank earthiness emerged and had to slow down to keep it from becoming too bitter. No real progression in the last half and wishing it had stayed the same as the first.
Score for flavor and strength: 3

5) Aftertaste/Finish: Started with an earthy finish evolving to creamy and floral, very pleasant till the last third when it became a little bitter.
Score for aftertaste: 3.5

6) Aroma: Aroma was mild, woodsy, floral and in no way overpowering. Pretty good.
Score for aroma: 4

7) General Comments: Smoked this while knocking around some golf balls on a nice afternoon. Was thinking it was a pretty good smoke with a Cubanesqe profile. Overall an average stick and one that ultimately reminded me of some Equadorian cigars I'd smoked many moon ago only a little better.
Overall score for the cigar: 3.5

8) Recommendation: I could recommend this to someone wanting a milder bodied smoke with a Cubanesque flavor. May improve a bit with some age.