View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
shopkins82
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
shopkins82 is on a distinguished road
Default FasFil 5x Filtered Butane... Anyone Heard Of?

I was at a low-end (90% Cigarettes, Pipe, and Smokeless) Tobacco shop today and they had a brand of butane I've not seen or heard of before. It is "FasFil 5x Refined" and sold for $4/can, 300ml (this is about the same as Vector online before shipping, but I've never found ANY 5x Refined for under $10/can locally). I grabbed a can along with a Villiger Export Sumatra for a quick after-lunch smoke.

I'd been using Ronson fuel in all my Ronson Jetlites without any problems, but recently picked up a Lotus Laser (brown leather Ave Maria branded, same as the black leather CI branded) that was finicky (misfires, varying flame height, not wholly formed flame, puff-outs, sputters) on the Ronson fuel even from the first fill. I grabbed the FasFil to see if it helped the Lotus and, after a purge-fill-purge-fill, blast to the nozzle, and 15 min for the fuel to warm up it was lighting 100% reliably with a wholly formed flame of consistent height.

I can't say this stuff is as good as Vector or any other more well-known 5x Refined butane, but if you see it locally and can't find anything else reasonably priced at your B&M, it seems like it's probably worth a shot.

The same cheapo shop had "King" brand 3x Refined butane for $2/can 300ml but I figured for just twice the price and infrequently as I refill, I'd give the FasFil a try. I know several folks have reported King as working fine for them, so I also thought I could give the FasFil a try as much as public service as anything else.
shopkins82 is offline   Reply With Quote