View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 09:31 PM   #14
JohnnyFlake
Just an old Wiseguy!

First Name: John
Trading: (18)
HUpmann Army
JohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Your Favorite Blended Scotch Whiskey's

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I don't usually spend more the $60 or so on a bottle. But when I'm working good overtime and hitting the scotch tastings, I move up a bit, but usually nothing too outrageous (my expensive bottle yet cost ~$250, and that took several weeks of building up to it ).
Fortunately, I've had the opportunity to taste some very expensive whiskey's over the years, because of many wealthy contacts, and relative with bucks. To be honest, I find them to be rather boring, extremely smooth, but not so very complex, as with the younger offering. I find that I much prefer whiskey's that are 12yo, 15yo, and my favorite, 18yo, far more than the 25yo and older, and much more expensive offerings. The 12yo JW Black is my go to whiskey, I love it, and the Teacher's Highland Cream at about $20/$25 a bottle is amazing. But when I want to drink the best, IMHO, it's Jameson 18yo, Highland Park 18yo, Chivas Regal 18yo and Redbreast 12yo. They are a few of the finest whiskey's you will ever drink!