Old 11-06-2008, 01:12 PM   #54
Sanitariumite
Bloodied but unbowed

First Name: Adam
Trading: (0)
Army (Active)
Sanitariumite is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Went to the liquor store yesterday, and between the Woodford Reserve and the Bulleit I couldn't decide. I let the $8 difference in price dictate, so I grabbed the bottle of Bulleit. Luckily, at the register they had a few of the 50ml bottles of Woodford so I bought 2 of them. My roommmate grabbed a fifth of Fighting ****. After an extensive tasting ceremony, I've decided I like the Bulleit better with a coke, as it's got a bit more burn. The Woodford had a sweet character, and I thought I tasted some vanilla/caramel (Although with liquor I have virtually no palate. I'm not accustomed enough to the alcohol burn yet to detect more delicate flavors like I can with cigars). I've decided that Woodford Reserve has officially become my new sipping liquor (The only one, I might add, that isn't a tequila), but I didn't like it in the Coke, as the sweetness was lost in the mix. That fighting **** is some savage stuff. It had a serious burn, which I like for mixing in a coke. Next on my try list is Knob Creek, and when I sell my books back at the end of the quarter, I'll grab a bottle of Booker's to bring in the Winter break right. This is really cool, as I've never been a huge whiskey fan, but I'm really starting to enjoy this Bourbon game. Any other recommendations for sub $50 fifths worth trying?