Cohibo Aficionado

First Name: Craig
Trading: (1)
Montecristo
Costa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need some input

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
Black Cat is really good. I am a cheap bastard, so I don't want to pay those prices especially since I use the same beans for French Press or Espresso. Brewed coffee can really deplete beans quick!

I have tried a couple of home roasts from some forum members and all were outstanding! I would buy from them if it was possible. A lot depends on how do you like your coffee blends. I am fan of Brazilian and Guatamalan beans, so blends with that are my preference. Also, the roasting preference is important too. Some like darker beans than others. I generally do not like shiny beans and go for not so dark a roast.

If everybody had the same taste, there would be just one brand.

I do not like some of the Lavazza beans. It's like drill going through my tummy. Best to drink it on the toilet. Danesi is good. You may miss out on the freshness of local beans, but not the end of the world.
I did not realize that home roasters sold to the general public. If you know of any good ones, please let me know, I'd love to try them out.

Do you recommend a well priced daily bean for daily drinking while I play aroudn on the weekends with more pricey stuff?

Thanks again!