Fresh outta Ad Seg

First Name: Matt
Trading: (19)
Quintero
shadow king is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Please read...credit card compromised

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14holestogie View Post
Just checked my card again, and still safe.

Anybody hear of and/or use the SafePass from Bank of America. It sounds like they assign a 6 digit number to the end of a partial card number for each transaction, thereby eliminating the chance of this type of thing happening.
They either text the 6 digits to your mobile phone or you can buy a stand alone card for a one time fee of $19.95. It may be worth checking into.

Anybody have or use something similar?
Have not heard of that. But I did some checking out, I went to creditcards.com and looked into a prepaid card. The one I'm looking into only accepts transactions when you have a balance on the card. So if you only want to use it for certain purchases, run the balance out when you're done and if your card gets compromised, it shouldn't run up a bunch of charges in theory at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxnmisty435 View Post
can someone pm me the name of this vendor? I had the Skype BS about two weeks ago and have no Idea which vendor to be careful of.

Sounds like you got hit too by the same people as us. I think I need to clarify that its not the vendor but the billing company. I'm not sure if we're allowed to even say which one without getting shushed. This is a very serious epidemic that is facing fellow BOTL's. It's not gonna take long to put 2 and 2 together by the people who will be investigating the credit card frauds.
shadow king is offline   Reply With Quote