View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 03:40 PM   #8
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

First Name: Michael
Trading: (5)
RA
gomeitsmybday will become famous soon enoughgomeitsmybday will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Isabela Firecracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
Thanks for a great review! I can’t decide about Isabela. There’re very well constructed but the flavor is unique. I can’t decide if I like it or not.

BTW, you forgot to mention if you reamed it out with the hallowed cigar drill. ��
As a matter of fact, full disclosure, at one point I did unsheathe the perfecdraw as I felt, for my preference, a slightly easier draw would have been nice - but when I put the tool right up to the cap, I realized just how narrow of a gauge the firecracker is and just how tightly rolled it seemed to be. So luckily I decided against it, as I'm pretty sure that would have almost certainly cracked the wrapper. In the end it was definitely the right decision I think because the draw never became so tight that it became an issue.

As for the profile, I totally agree with you, especially the first 1/3 of the cigar, probably among the most unique profiles I've tasted to date. The rest of the cigar was more recognizable tastes but imo done very well. Plus it had some of the most noticeable transitions I've smoked as far as complexity is concerned. Can't wait to try some of the other cigars in the sampler!!
gomeitsmybday is offline   Reply With Quote