View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 07:40 AM   #38
JLMraider
In vino veritas

First Name: Jonathon
Trading: (0)
Army (Active)
JLMraider is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Making coffee while camping?

Quote:
Looks like it can only be used to boil water with the included container and can't actually be used as a stove with other pots, pans or containers. Seems very restrictive.

I LOVE my Jetboil. I don't have the coffee press accessory yet but with it you can boil water, add your coffee, then press it just like a french press. The water boils quick. I've used it to brew up some instant coffee, the cappuccino packs out of MREs, and hot teas. I've also used it for oatmeal and ramen soup cups.

With the metal bracket in the top right of this picture you can use different pots/pans. The triangle piece in the bottom right attaches to the bottom of the fuel can to stabilize the entire system. Everything in the picture will pack down into the cup from the zig zag part up. The fuel can pictured will fit in this model, the larger fuel cans can still be used but will not inside the cup for packing. The make different size and color Jetboils.

If you're willing to spend the money on it, retail on this one is right at $100, I highly recommend it for any outdoor excursions you may go on.

Last edited by JLMraider; 01-29-2015 at 07:42 AM. Reason: clarification
JLMraider is offline   Reply With Quote