View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 08:11 AM   #2987
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's the last movie you watched II?

Lisa and I watched self/less last night.

I only mention this so that I may save one of you guys the pain and the 2 bucks.
The movie has ZERO opportunity for redemption. Unless you can use the dvd for an ice scraper this winter, or something.

Here's the thing:
The story was really just a rehash of any standard, out-of-the box time travel movie.
But then they tickled it with a little bit of "fear of future technology because IT WILL GET US!!!" and a touch of "YAY!!! The humans are smarter and saved us all again, just like they do all the time cause we're freakin awesome!!!"
I bet the book is good. Seriously.

Then they had crappy budget, needed Ben Kingsley and Ryan Reynolds so they at least had a couple names to sell this dogsh1t they will be creating, then cast the rest of the movie with, well, nice people. But not actors.
Then they set upon neutering both actors, wasting a lot of people's time, and making a movie that is just truly awful.

I can take away one plus from this.
Lots of folks got put to work, and it put food on a lot of tables.