View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 05:27 PM   #166
Doza

Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Tim is right, many glass top humidors hold humidity just fine, but getting one without a glass top removes one more potential issue regarding a proper seal.
Thanks Tim and Tom, much appreciated.

Have been doing a lot of reading, but just a few more questions before I make the all important first purchase, if people wouldn't mind obliging.

1. Seasoning - Do people recommend/had good experience with the Boveda seasoning packs? Or do people just go with the bowl of water trick?

2. Humidity - Was looking at going with the Puck as my first humidity controller.
a) Do people recommend the 65% or 70%. I know it can be personal taste. I've read a lot about 65% being better, and would like to go with 65% But will the 65% Puck actually normally deliver less than 65% (and 70% =<70%) due to leakage etc?
b) Have people had good experiences with the Puck? Or would more people recommend Boveda packs or Heartfelt beads for a long-term cost effective solution? I need to decide on one!

3. Am looking at maybe buying from cheaphumidors.com unless anyone knows of a better site and/or a discount code?