View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 03:33 PM   #13
mariogolbee

Default Re: Paleo Diet & Lifestyle

Derrick, after coming back to read a few comments in this thread can you please I've a few links and/or describe what this Paleo thing is? I know there is google, but who wants to scour the web sifting through heaps of information for kernels of truth when it appears that you are doing something that seems to work for you. Besides, this thread title does suggest a description is in order. Please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
My wife follows it pretty closely. Some of the "options" repel me (e.g., the use of Coconut and Coconut Oil) but others are pretty good. She is also very much into CrossFit.
Which coconut oil have you tried and with what? Thee are so many different grades and concentrations of flavor for coconut oil that completely dismissing it altogether is akin to dismissing milk because you tried raw milk, but never tried non-fat or whole milk. I'm not saying you haven't tied more than one "kind," but there is no information leading me to believe you have. Also, coconut oil has a very low smoking point, IIRC, so it can easily change flavor and aroma if overheated.