Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cuba relations thawing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill
I suspect this is the beginning of the end to the embargo. I think by the time the next president takes office, it'll be completely ended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Congress has a lot to say about that, and from all I've read, it won't be an easy fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill View Post
Very true. But the new Congress will be extremely business friendly, and business stands to profit the most from the lifting of the embargo. I give it two years at the outside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Hmmmm....I will put up 5 Padrons to your 5 Habanos that it's not completely lifted by Dec. 17, 2016. I'm not sure, but I think I have a decent chance to win that bet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill View Post
As long as you aren't betting Gurkhas, I'll accept your gentlemanly wager. After all, I have K Street on my side.
And exactly two years TO THE DAY from this "wager", an awesome fiver of CCs shows up at my door. I had no idea what they were for until Bill reminded me of this. A man of integrity, with great taste in cigars! Thank you, Bill, you are a gentleman and great BOTL.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote