DBall
Cigar Jesus

First Name: Dan
Trading: (46)
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation
Default Re: DBall's Newb Blind Taste Test Thread #2

Riff Raff Cigar #4

Okay. Almost halfway through this and here we have a real beauty of a cigar. Check this gem out:

A gorgeous corojo wrapper that is nice and velvety! It has that nice redish brown and the pre-light draw is perfect with tastes of sweet tobacco and hay.

First light: Oh My! Nice tastes of coffee and chocolate with some sweet spice thrown in. I think I am in for a treat!

1/3rd: Spice with some pepper. The burn is a bit uneven but nothing to complain about. There is a nice lingering finish. The retro-hale gives some nice woody and toasted coconut flavors. TONS of smoke from this perfect draw. The ash held for about 1.5 inches.

2/3rd: The flavor has changed to a nice woody flavor. If I had to pin it down, I would (no pun intended) say deciduous, not evergreen. Oak. There is still some pepper and spice there as well. Retro-hale still has a toasty flavor. Very nice. The aroma this stogie gives off smells of chocolate a bit.

3/3rd: Still a dominate oak flavor with some earthy overtones. The retro-hale gave off more of those toasted coconut flavors.

I nubbed this little beauty and got plenty of cedar mixed in with the earthiness.

Overall: This was a damn fine cigar. Definitely medium-full bodied and LOTS of flavorful smoke. The draw was consistently perfect throughout. Would I buy this cigar? You're damn right I will. I loved this stick! Best one of the lot so far. I give it a 9.4!

That is all!