Thread: Grill Help
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 04:18 AM   #7
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Grill Help

I have not been without a Weber 22 inch kettle grill for nearly 30 years. I currently have a green performer. About 4-5 years ago I got into the Big Green Eggs. I currently have a large and a medium. The Weber and the Egg are both great cookers, but my Weber never gets used anymore. There is nothing the Egg won't do better than the Weber.

As a smoker the Egg is better due to the even temp, temp retention, and fuel usage. As a grill I like it better because I can take the temp up to 750 for searing and then bring it back down to 400 for finishing. I can use it as a brick oven and do great pizzas and bread.

There is really only one thing that I think the Weber is better at and that is beer can chicken. Maybe it is just what I am used to, but I always pull out the Weber for the drunk chicken!!

Best of luck with your decision. Either way you will enjoy the cooker for years to come.