View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #96
BC-Axeman

Default Re: Gardeners in the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvilleKid View Post
I know personally that you can get immunity from it! My immunity (98%) comes from rolling around in a patch while fighting when I was in the 6th grade. I had it so bad I was outta school for a week and half, and had to take baths in medicine every night! After that episode, I (apparently) developed immunity. For 30 years, I could rub it all over me, and never get a bump. Now, I get into it, I get one or two bumps in one or two places. Maybe every 5 years, I get twice that much. Since immunity is apparently possible naturally, I have to assume it works on the vaccine. Everything I've seen indicates it works for most people! Maybe it would work for you. However, if I was you, and had your level of allergy to it, I'd be leery of any vaccine without strong research!!! Hope you get over your current bout quickly!
Some people get MORE sensitive with each exposure.
I'm like you, I pick it by hand. As long as I wash up well after and I'm careful where I touch.
Bleach was what I used on the rash when I got it. Benadryl internally and cortisone topically works great. I think there is a cream ointment of those two drugs. Cortadryl or Bensidrone or something.