Crazy like a fox

First Name: Lu
Trading: (27)
Partagas
bigloo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Charcoal vs. Propane

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozero View Post
Wow, the cheapest model I saw JUNIOR (BBQ055) Price: $449.00, is way over my budget. I'll stick with charcoal and my 22" weber...
22inch Weber with ash catcher thingy, they go on special for around $100-$110 every so often. Cannot be beat for the price.

The thing with charcoal grilling is understanding what you are cooking and where to place th coals. If I am cooking a 2 inch steak, all the coals go on one side, I sear over the coal directly and finish cooking indirectly, same for chicken, ribs, and other thick pieces of meat. For grilling lots of thinner pieces, a single layer across the entire bottom and everything gets direct grilled. Then if I am doing something fatty like lamb chops or korean short ribs, I put a wide strip down the middle leaving the side for flareups. Then there is a lid, to use or not to use. Lid prevents flareups but actually lowers the temp. a little. I always use it when indirect and use it about 50% of the time when direct grilling. Anyway, for those who have not done charcoal in a while, you forgot how much better it is and should give it a twirl with this very grill as cleanup is quick aand with a chimney so is startup.
bigloo is offline   Reply With Quote