View Single Post
Old 11-23-2016, 05:48 PM   #32
Stinky
Join CigarRights.org NOW!

First Name: Stinky
Trading: (1)
Punch
Stinky will become famous soon enoughStinky will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Miss-Used Cigar Term! STOGIE?

Thanks for all your candid opinions!
I hoped for some candid opinions on the article for new cigar (Stogie) smokers.

Agree:
Call it what you want. Just thought some people may want to know the true origin and meaning of the word Stogie.
Use of the term (Stogie) is one's choice and certainly conveys the thought.

Curious:
Had to look up apocryphal. Ok, why would the origin of Stogie be apocryphal? Credible sources include Lew Rothman's Book: "Cigar Almanac" . . . Patricia Cooper's Book: "Once a Cigar Maker" (historical documentation) . . . Richard Hacker's Book: "The Ultimate Cigar Book" . . . and many more, all confirm the origin and history of Stogie. Definitely not an apocryphal.

I always thought Cigar Asylum forbid nasty or insulting posts. I shared my personal opinion ("IMPO") and someone had to object with some juvenile insults! . . . then argued with opposing views from others!

The cigar world is loaded with detailed information, trivia, history, legends and traditions, as well as numerous myths & misconceptions. I just thought this is an appropriate place to discuss such topics.

It was/is never my intention to tell anyone how to speak or what words to use! That article written to inform new cigar smokers is . . . well . . . go read it and tell us what you think! I have an opinion and would like to know what you think, because . . . I'm Stinky!

Promoting the Enjoyment of Fine Cigars!
Stinky is offline   Reply With Quote