Thread: SEC fans, why?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 10:50 AM   #19
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: SEC fans, why?

As a rule I do pull for all of the SEC teams except Tennessee. IMO their program and last two coaches have zero class. As for Georgia... I still despise them with a passion because of all *ss whippin's they put on us over the course of my childhood and when I was attending Florida. I also can't stand Auburn... I still pull for all the SEC teams though (except the afore mentioned Tennessee) because of the pride I have in our football heritage. I firmly believe that the brand of football we play in the SEC every Saturday is MUCH better than any other conference. I think many others take pride in that as well. That is why you hear the SEC chants. That is why I was pulling for Bama. That is why I let Ritchie, Greg, and any other Bama fan on here know I was proud of them going into the game and that they would have my support.

I can't explain it any better than that. If you are from the south and are a fan of an SEC school that is just how it is (for the most part).

BTW... I do pull for Florida State as well. Not a fan per say... I just want Florida football to do well. Miami, on the other hand... NOT!!!