Thread: SEC fans, why?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 09:30 AM   #11
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of
Default Re: SEC fans, why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampdown View Post
I would disagree with the OP. I am a huge supporter of the SEC, but at the same time I can't stand the University of Tennessee. I don't like their head basketball and football coach. I will cheer any team if they are playing UT. Some of that comes from the fact UK has not beaten them in 25 years, but most comes from the a-holes in charge. In football I will cheer for the SEC because if they win then UK wins because of the shared money from bowl games and media rights. So its a win win situation for the conference members.

I'm not sure "Southern Pride" has anything to do with it in fact in my case. I have lived in the DC metro area, although its VA, we tend to not think of ourselves as being the south, so I have zero allegiance to the southern states. It has more to the fact that so many teams hate the SEC (in football Alabama and UF are hated for their success, and UK is hated for the fans that are absolutely insane, myself included to a degree). So I think we have this us against the world complex.
I am glad to see this response. It has given me something to think about. Maybe it does have to do with the us against the world complex.

So I take it you won't be a fan at a stadium chanting "SEC, SEC, SEC" when a SEC team wins
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote