View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 07:36 AM   #13
sweater914
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
sweater914 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New to Pipes

UPDATE:

My lovely wife simply couldn't wait. We were going to the liquor store for some bourbon, my brother's getting married next week and I wasn't going empty handed with the Ole Man in attendance. I found the Bulleit (the Ole Man's favorite), on sale for $19 when she wandered over to the humidor and pipe section of the shop. SHE starts digging through the three small baskets of pipes.

I kindly pointed out that she could find some pipes online that were less expensive and we were trying to be sensible with the budget. So we left, did some more shopping for the road trip, when she says let's go back to Happy Harry's. OK babe, twist my arm some more.

She picked out the pipe, $40 because she liked the figure in the wood, Italy is stamped on the bottom of the pipe, that's all I know about the pipe. I don't usually impulse buy without some product research, sometimes though it's just better to go with the flow and not worry about the spec sheet, and she was driven to find me something. Along with the pipe I picked out from a very limited selection Lane Limited LQ1 and BCA.

After finishing our shopping I set some LQ1 out on a paper plate for about 45 minutes and gave the pipe it's first helping. It was a completing enjoyable experience, more importantly my lovely enjoyed the aroma out on the deck. Very mild and completely different experience from cigars, still working out the technique which with practice should improve.

She tolerates the cigars but says I look good with a pipe. Did I find the right woman? I'll let you guys decide.
sweater914 is offline   Reply With Quote