View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #1
livwire68
Las Vegas Herf Crew

Trading: (7)
SLR
livwire68 is on a distinguished road
Default My good/bad/indifferent supper!

Alright I am always wanting to try just about any food! And where better to start but the good ole U.S.A. at the international market. So I got a couple snacks: Squid jerky, Roasted crabs (about the size of half dollars) and some anchovies dried with sesame seeds. Liked the crabs, and everything else required multiple bites to get accustom to. Now on to supper which I have done before, but threw in a couple twists. Grilled pork chop, with a pear balsamic vinegar sauce (love this). Then grilled portabella shrooms stuffed with sundried tomato's, marinated artichoke and some melted Gouda cheese (The Kicker: a quail egg poached in wine topping it, not bad at all). More of an appetizer: Toasted rosemary olive oil bread and topping it with Escargot sautéed in butter, garlic and wine (good but a bit "chewy", first time I have ever cooked these but have had them before). The Wife and I had a pinot grigio and the kid had a Japanese soda called Ramune (good stuff: have to break the glass marble seal to drink then it rolls around in the neck while drinking, it cannot come out!) O.K. Andrew Zimmerman I feel for you yet I kept eating! His Kryptonite, Durian fruit! Not fresh thank anything in this world!!! but just the frozen custard like meat. I didn't think the custard would smell AND taste like really nasty onions/sweaty socks from a 9 year old in rotten sneakers but it does. Well let me clarify, taken in SMALL (bean sized portions) after getting past the first 5 bites (yea a glutton for punishment) its sweet and creamy (not sweat, well maybe) but I could eat it and liked it when the initial flavors went away. Well on to the pics I guess!

portabella w/out quail egg

Pork chops/cutlets w/out pear/vinegar sauce

Last edited by livwire68; 04-02-2009 at 09:25 PM.
livwire68 is offline   Reply With Quote