View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 07:16 AM   #25
Wanger

Default Re: Any triathletes here?

It'm Monday and I'm a little sore, but not too bad. Still debating on whether or not I will do the Chisago Lakes sprint tri on July 26th. I loved finishing this race.

The swim sucked. I gulped more water than I had hoped to, so I had to make a few pit stops there, adn then it didn't help that my goggles kept fogging up, even with anti-fog on them. But I got through it, and that was the main thing. 17 minutes in the water for .04 miles. Could have done better, but I'll take it.

Transition 1 was simple recovery from the water. Get the wetsuit off (helped for buoyancy) and get to the bike. It was a bit difficult to get the shoes on, but I eventually did it and got moving on the bike. The bike was fairly clear sailing. I passed more people than I got passed by, so I was pretty comfortable with that. 50 minutes on the bike for 15 miles (I'm no Lance Armstrong!).

Transition 2 was easier. Rack the bike, drop the helmet and get to the running route. That was a quick change and went well. I was able to recover some strength while on the bike after the swim. On the run, I went at a pace that was working for me. 26:19 sec for the 3 mile run. As I got closer to the finish line, the crowd was thickening up a bit, and the cheers for everyone finishing was great. It helped to urge me on, and as I knew I was getting closer, my pace picked up. When I saw the timer at the finish line, I gave it everything had left. It wasn't until later when we went to get our times at the results booth that I knew how well I did. Official time 1hr 39min 35.1sec. I'm pleased with the result. Now to only improve my swim and run next year.

Here's the only pic I have so far. My brother an I (both finishers). I'm on the left in the pic.