View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 11:12 AM   #16
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Happy Independence Day!

Nobody even told me we finally beat Canada. What'd we win?

A cute historical FYI...
That really neato and super-memorable painting of the signing of the Declaration of Independence up there ^ is a complete fiction.
It was placed before John Adams when he was super old and curmudgeonly for his thoughts on it. He suggested it be used for ass wiping, or something of the like.

No considerable number of signers were ever in the same room together, the document traveled between constituents.
It was either CNN or FOX news that had this painting commissioned, proving that even in Colonial times, a good fiction foisted on the masses is always more entertaining than the truth.

I'll admit that I think it was a great idea.
Take the freedom to spew bullsh1t, place it in front of the people for their dissection, and let them decide for themselves what is true.
This way incites discussion, passion, and consideration to the birth of our Liberty.