View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 05:06 PM   #7
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Packer fan thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
My thoughts are that there's not one team in the NFL this year that looks, "complete". Sooner or later getting in all these shootouts is going to backfire, but it's nice seeing this team come out in the second half week in and week out and put the hammer down. What's bothersome is that they've looked pedestrian against the run the past few weeks, whereas nobody was running on them (effectively) in the beginning of the season. If teams can sustain drives by running the ball, they can play keep-away from Rodgers, much like teams have done with Manning in the past. So I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm more concerned about their deficiencies on run defense than their pass defense.
This is true, there are no "complete" teams.

I hope the shoot-out method doesn't backfire, but you are probably correct.

Although, I don't know that the Manning scenario fits, for he didn't have as many weapons to throw to as does Mr. Rodgers.

I also want it clearly stated that I have problems with the defense, PERIOD! Run defense stinks the last few weeks, and the pass defense hasn't been decent all season.

Peace of the Lord be with you.