View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 11:56 AM   #15
Catfish
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ MO FUGGA!

First Name: David
Trading: (24)
RA
Catfish has disabled reputation
Default Re: When did bombing become an announced event?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I think it's fun, and perfectly okay, no matter how it's done.
I've done it every way that I've thought of, from anonymous to making videos, to saying to a friend in a banter thread "ya know what, I haven't bombed you for a long time."
Lots of my bombs aren't even bombs, really. I'll be talking to someone about smokes, they'll say something that makes me believe they'll really enjoy something I have that they don't, and I want to share. That's what we do with our cigars. We share.
If my motivation is to spread some love, I can't see how that can be wrong.
I can't see a problem with the brothers getting a "feel good" out of the bomb via sharing a picture. And if it motivates them to do the same, all the better.

That said, I completely understand Vinnie's words and he made me smile. I'm taught to do for others and keep my mouth shut about it, that doing the right thing is it's own reward. Life allows plenty of opportunity for that, beyond cigars. It's a wonderful thing, although I won't comment any further via part two of that teaching.
He always puts things so much better than I could ever hope to.

As someone who is guilty of enjoying finding "bombing" related pictures and captioning them to go along with a sent bomb, I can only hope that anyone here would believe me when I say I don't do it for recognition, I do it for fun.